Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mary Cassatt painting

I winced slightly.I was under the impression that owing to the carefulway I brushed my hair across the top of my head the thinness referred to byJapp was quite unnoticeable.However,Japp had never been remarkable for tactwhere I was concerned,so I put a good face upon it and agreed that we werenon of us getting any youger. "Except Monsieur Poirot here,"said Japp. "Quite a good advertisement for a hair tonic,he'd be.Face fungussprouting finer than ever.Coming out into the limelight,too,in his oldage.Mixed up in all the celebrated cases of the day.Train mysteries,airmysteries,high society deaths-oh,he's here
,there and everywhere.Neverbeen so celebrated as since he retired." "I have already told Hastings that I am like the prima donna who makesalways one more appearance,'said Poirot,smiling. "I shouldn't wonder if you ended by detecting your own death,"said Japp,

No comments: