Sunday, January 27, 2008

leonardo da vinci the last supper

"No,they don't.And that's another point in his favour.I've just toldthe Chief Constable that I think this is a job for Scotland Yard.I don'tbelieve it's a local crime." Poirot said gravely: "I agree with you." The inspector said: "You know,Monsieur Poirot,it's a nasty business-a nastybusiness......I don't like it......" We had two more interviews before returning to London. The first was with Mr James Partridge.Mr Partridge was the last personknown to have seen Mrs Ascher alive.He had made a purchase from her at 5.30. Mr Partridge was a small man,
a bank clerk by profession.He worepince-nez,was very dry and spare-looking and extremely precise in all hisutterances.He lived in a small house as neat and trim as himself. "Mr-er-Poirot,"he said,glancing at the card my friend had handed to him. "From Inspector Glen?What can I do for you,Mr Poirot?"

No comments: