Monday, December 24, 2007

leonardo da vinci the last supper

But the cookery-book made Dora's head ache, and the figures made her cry. They wouldn't add up, she said. So she rubbed them out, and drew little nosegays and likenesses of me and Jip, all over the tablets. ¡¡¡¡Then I playfully tried verbal instruction in domestic matters, as we walked about on a Saturday afternoon. Sometimes, for example, when we passed a butcher's shop, I would say: ¡¡¡¡'Now suppose, my pet, that we were married, and you were going to buy a shoulder of mutton for dinner, would you know how to buy it?' ¡
¡¡¡My pretty little Dora's face would fall, and she would make her mouth into a bud again, as if she would very much prefer to shut mine with a kiss. ¡¡¡¡'Would you know how to buy it, my darling?' I would repeat, perhaps, if I were very inflexible. ¡¡¡¡Dora would think a little, and then reply, perhaps, with great triumph: ¡¡¡¡'Why, the butcher would know how to sell it, and what need I know? Oh, you silly boy!'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

leonardo da vinci the last supper"