Monday, March 30, 2009

Jean Beraud Pont des arts

symbolic landmark.’
‘It certainly is,’ said Soll. ‘Very important. So important, in fact, that I sent some lads up it at lunchtime just to make sure it was all OK.’
‘You did?’ said Dibbler, guiltily.
‘Yes. And do you know what they found? They found someone had nailed some fireworks to the outside. Lots and lotsgot a laugh, anyway,’ he said.
‘Look, Uncle, this can’t go on,’ said Soll. ‘No more of this commercial messing about, right?’
‘Oh, all right.’
‘Sure?’
Dibbler nodded. ‘I’ve said all right, haven’t I?’
‘I want a bit more than that, Uncle.’ of fireworks, on fuses. It’s a good thing they found them because if the things had gone off it would have ruined the shot and we’d never be able to do it again. And, do you know, they said it looked as though the fireworks would spell out words?’ Soll added.‘What words?’‘Never crossed my mind to ask them,’ said Soll. ‘Never crossed my mind.’He stuck his hands in his pockets and began to whistle under his breath. After a while he glanced sidelong at his uncle.‘ "Hottest ribs in town",’ he muttered. ‘Really!’Dibbler looked sulky. ‘It would have

No comments: