Monday, January 28, 2008

wholesale oil painting

I had not seen Poirot for a couple of days as I had been away inYorkshire for the weekend.I arrived back on Monday afternoon and the lettercame by the six o'clock post.I remember the sudden,sharp intake of breaththat Poirot gave as he slit open that particular envelope. "It has come,"he said. I stared at him-not understanding. "What has come?" "The second chapter of the A B C business." For a minute I looked at him uncomprehendingly.The matter had reallypassed from my memory. "Read,"said Poirot and passed me over the letter.
As before,it was printed on good-quality paper. Dear Mr Poirot-Well,what about it?First game to me,I think.The Andoverbusiness went with a swing,didn't it? But the fun's only just beginning.Let me draw your attention toBexhill-on-sea.Date,the 25th inst.

No comments: