Tuesday, January 29, 2008

leonardo da vinci mona lisa

elong to the police?" "I am better than the police,"said Poirot.He said it without consciousarrogance.It was,to him,a simple statement of fact. "Tell him,"said Megan. Donald Fraser capitulated. "I-wasn't sure,"he said."I believed her when she said it.Never thoughtof doing anything else.Afterwards-perhaps it was something in her manner. I-I,well,I began to wonder." "Yes?"said Poirot.
He had sat down opposite Donald Fraser.His eyes,fixed on the otherman's,seemed to be exercising a mesmeric spell. "I was ashamed of myself for being so suspicious.But-but I wassuspicious......I thought of going to the front and watching her when sheleft the cafe.I actually went there.Then I felt I couldn't do that.Bettywould see me and she'd be angry.She'd realize at once that I was watchingher."

No comments: