Sunday, January 27, 2008

Art Painting

I am relieved,I must confess." acknowledged Poirot. "You'd quite got the wind up about it,hadn't you?"said Jappaffectionately."Bless you,we get dozens of letters like that coming inevery day!People with nothing better to do and a bit weak in the top storeysit down and write'em.They don't mean any harm!Just a kind of excitement." "I have indeed been foolish to take the matter so seriously,"saidPoirot."It is the nest of the horse that I put my nose into there." "You're mixing up mares and wasps,"said Japp. "Pardon?"
"Just a couple of proverbs.Well,I must be off.Got a little business inthe next street to see to-receiving stolen jewellery.I thought I'd just dropin on my way and put your mind at rest.Pity to let those grey cells functionunnecessarily." With which words and a hearty laugh,Japp departed. "He does not change much,the good Japp,eh?"asked Poirot. "He looks much older,"I said. "Getting as grey as a badger,"I added vindictively.

No comments: