Tuesday, December 25, 2007

mona lisa smile

'Oysters, dear,' said Dora, timidly. ¡¡¡¡'Was that YOUR thought?' said I, delighted. ¡¡¡¡'Ye-yes, Doady,' said Dora. ¡¡¡¡'There never was a happier one!' I exclaimed, laying down the carving-knife and fork. 'There is nothing Traddles likes so much!' ¡¡¡¡'Ye-yes, Doady,' said Dora, 'and so I bought a beautiful little barrel of them, and the man said they were very good. But I - I am afraid there's something the matter with them. They don't seem right.' Here Dora shook her head, and diamonds twinkled in her eyes. ¡¡¡¡'They are only opened in both shells,' said I.
'Take the top one off, my love.' ¡¡¡¡'But it won't come off!' said Dora, trying very hard, and looking very much distressed. 'Do you know, Copperfield,' said Traddles, cheerfully examining the dish, 'I think it is in consequence - they are capital oysters, but I think it is in consequence - of their never having been opened.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mona lisa smile"