Friday, November 30, 2007

jesus christ on the cross

'By me?' ¡¡¡¡'By you,' I answered steadily. 'And I give you warning, Wolf Larsen, that I may forget the love of my own life in the desire to kill you if you go too far in maltreating those poor wretches.' ¡¡¡¡'Bravo!' he cried. 'You do me proud, Hump! You've found your legs with a vengeance. You're quite an individual. You were unfortunate in having your life cast in easy places, but you're developing, and I like you the better for it.' ¡¡¡¡His voice and expression changed. His face was serious. 'Do you believe in promises?' he asked. 'Are they sacred things?' ¡¡¡¡'Of course,' I answered. ¡¡¡¡'Then here's a compact,' he went on, consummate actor that he was. 'If I promise not to lay hands upon Leach and Johnson, will you promise, in turn, not to attempt to kill me? Oh, not that I'm afraid of you, not that I'm afraid of you,' he hastened to add. ¡¡¡¡I could hardly believe my ears. What was coming over the man?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

jesus christ on the cross"

Anonymous said...

jesus christ on the cross"

Anonymous said...

jesus christ on the cross"