Thursday, April 16, 2009

Andrea del Sarto Holy Family

right. That's right," said Brutha. "Which ones are you?"
Urn leaned closer.
"How's your memory?"
"Unfortunately, it is fine."
"Good. Good. Uh. It would be a good idea to stay out of trouble, d'you hear . . . if anything happens. Remember the Turtle. Well, of course you would."
"What things?"
Urn pattedUrn ran after him and then stopped briefly and turned.
"Be careful," he said. "We need what's in your head!"
Brutha watched them go.
"So do I," he murmured.
And then he was alone again. him on the shoulder, making Brutha think for a moment of Vorbis. Vorbis, who never touched another person inside his head, was a great toucher with his hands."Best if you don't know what's happening," said Urn."But I don't know what's happening," said Brutha."Good. That's the way."The burly man gestured with his knife towards the tunnels that led into the rock."Are we going, or what?" he demanded.
But he thought: Hold on. I don't have to be. I'm a bishop. At least I can watch. Om's gone and soon the world will end, so at least I might as well watch it happen.

No comments: