Monday, September 15, 2008

Garmash Garmash Sleeping Beauty painting

I made no objection. The students now were pelting their former spokesman with the gold cufflinks, desk-calendars, and ball-point pens distributed among them by the aides, and Reginald Hector went to issue fresh directives for this contingency.
"Tower Hall," I said to Stoker.
He twitched his mouth. "I'll bet you didn'thave any advice for the P.-G."
"Better hurry," I suggested, climbing into the sidecar. "It's not getting any earlier."
He started the motor, but deliberately tarried, watching the ex-Chancellor efficiently put down the demonstrators.
"Why didn't you Certify him, if he's passed?"
"I didn't say he was passed."
He grinned. "So Reg is as flunked as Ira."
I smiled. "I didn't say that either."
"Nepotism!" Stoker taunted. "Same old story -- notwhat you know, butwho." Tower Clock tolled ten.
"Your wife's assignation is scheduled for eleven," I reminded him, "but she may be there already. You know how it is when a woman's in love. For that matter, Tower Clock may be wrong."
With a loud oath he wrenched open the throttle; our acceleration pressed me

No comments: