Sunday, August 24, 2008

Claude Monet La Japonaise painting

natural."
"A Grand Tutor doesn't get drunk and make a public fool of himself!" Anastasia scolded.
"A Grand Tutor does what I do," I replied, and, not certain I'd made my meaning clear, I added, "It's not what I do, it's becauseI do it."
"Why -- that's perfect!" Dr. Sear exclaimed. "What a thing to say!"
I pointed out to him -- not however removing my eyes from Anastasia, on whom I smiled with mounting love -- that had I said something stupid instead of wise, it would have made no difference.
"Quite! Quite! Absolutely!"
"We're about ready for the funeral," Stoker put in suavely. "I'm sure the Grand Tutor would like to say a Word of Passage over his friend before the cremation. It's the usual thing."
"Who cares whether it's usual?" Dr. Sear demanded. "George has taken care of that point very brilliantly."
"George," Anastasia pleaded, and blushed when I turned to her. "Let's go to my room. I'm all confused."

No comments: