Sunday, July 13, 2008

Frederick Carl Frieseke paintings

RHETT: Here's a soldier of the South that loves you, Scarlett. Wants to feel your arms around him, wants to carry the memory of your kisses into battle with him. Never mind about loving me. You're a woman who's sending a soldier to his death with a beautiful memory. Scarlett, kiss me, kiss me, once. SCARLETT: You're a low-down, cowardly, nasty thing, you! They were right. Everybody was right, you, you aren't a gentleman.RHETT: A minor point at such a moment. Here, if anyonelays a hand on that nag, shoot him. But don't make amistake and shoot the nag.SCARLETT: Oh, go on. I want you to go. I hope acannonball lands slap on you, I hope you're blown into amillion pieces, I...RHETT: Never mind the rest, I follow your general idea.And when I'm dead on the order of my country, I hopeyour conscience heard you. Good-bye Scarlett.(Scarlett drives on.)SCARLETT: Melanie, Melanie, we're home! We're atTara! Hurry, move brute!PRISSY: Oh, Miss Scarlett, he's dead!SCARLETT: I can't see the house, is it there? I can't seethe house, have they burned it? It's all right, it's all right,they hav

No comments: