Monday, March 17, 2008

leonardo da vinci mona lisa

grotesque, and Miss Miller, poor thing! looked purple,
weather-beaten, and over-worked- when, as my eye wandered from face to
face, the whole school rose simultaneously, as if moved by a common
spring.
What was the matter? I had heard no order given: I was puzzled. Ere
I had gathered my wits, the classes were again seated: but as all eyes
were now turned to one point, mine followed the general direction, and
encountered the personage who had received me last night. She stood at
the bottom of the long room, on the hearth;
each end; she surveyed the two rows of girls silently and gravely.
Miss Miller, approaching, seemed to ask her a question, and having
received her answer, went back to her place, and said aloud-
'Monitor of the first class, fetch the globes!'

No comments: