Thursday, January 17, 2008

oil paintings

"As you please, ma'am, on that head; but I meant my father's opinion as to the _propriety_ of the invitation's being accepted or not; and I think he will consider it a right thing by Mrs. Grant, as well as by Fanny, that being the _first_ invitation it should be accepted." ¡¡¡¡ "I do not know. We will ask him. But he will be very much surprised that Mrs. Grant should ask Fanny at all." ¡¡¡¡ There was nothing more to be said,
or that could be said to any purpose, till Sir Thomas were present; but the subject involving, as it did, her own evening's comfort for the morrow, was so much uppermost in Lady Bertram's mind, that half an hour afterwards, on his looking in for a minute in his way from his plantation to his dressing-room, she called him back again, when he had almost closed the door, with "Sir Thomas, stop a moment--I have something to say to you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oil paintings"