Tuesday, January 22, 2008

oil painting from picture

"I begin to think I shall never be a lieutenant, Fanny. Everybody gets made but me." ¡¡¡¡ "Oh! my dear William, do not talk so; do not be so desponding. My uncle says nothing, but I am sure he will do everything in his power to get you made. He knows, as well as you do, of what consequence it is." ¡¡¡¡ She was checked by the sight of her uncle much nearer to them than she had any suspicion of, and each found it necessary to talk of something else. ¡¡¡¡ "Are you fond of dancing, Fanny?" ¡¡¡¡ "Yes, very; only I am soon tired." ¡¡¡¡ "I should like to go to a ball with you and see you dance. Have you never any balls at Northampton? I should like to see you dance, and I'd dance with you if you would_, for nobody would know who I was here,
and I should like to be your partner once more. We used to jump about together many a time, did not we? when the hand-organ was in the street? I am a pretty good dancer in my way, but I dare say you are a better." And turning to his uncle, who was now close to them, "Is not Fanny a very good dancer, sir?"

No comments: