Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Virgin and Child with St Anne

'He said I should object?' asked Mr. jorkins. ¡¡¡¡I was obliged to admit that Mr. Spenlow had considered it probable. ¡¡¡¡'I am sorry to say, Mr. Copperfield, I can't advance your object,' said Mr. jorkins, nervously. 'The fact is - but I have an appointment at the Bank, if you'll have the goodness to excuse me.' ¡¡¡¡With that he rose in a great hurry, and was going out of the room, when I made bold to say that I feared, then, there was no way of arranging the matter? ¡¡¡¡'No!' said Mr. jorkins, stopping at the door to shake his head. 'Oh, no! I object, you know,' which he said very rapidly, and went out. 'You must be aware, Mr. Copperfield,
he added, looking restlessly in at the door again, 'if Mr. Spenlow objects -' ¡¡¡¡'Personally, he does not object, sir,' said I. ¡¡¡¡'Oh! Personally!' repeated Mr. Jorkins, in an impatient manner. 'I assure you there's an objection, Mr. Copperfield. Hopeless! What you wish to be done, can't be done. I - I really have got an appointment at the Bank.' With that he fairly ran away; and to the best of my knowledge, it was three days before he showed himself in the Commons again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Virgin and Child with St Anne"