Tuesday, December 18, 2007

van gogh painting

On our way upstairs, I called her attention to the sudden disappearance of Mrs. Crupp's pitfalls, and also to the prints of recent footsteps. We were both very much surprised, coming higher up, to find my outer door standing open (which I had shut) and to hear voices inside. ¡¡¡¡We looked at one another, without knowing what to make of this, and went into the sitting-room. What was my amazement to find, of all people upon earth, my aunt there, and Mr. Dick! My aunt sitting on a quantity of luggage, with her two birds before her, and her cat on her knee, like a female Robinson Crusoe, drinking tea.
Mr. Dick leaning thoughtfully on a great kite, such as we had often been out together to fly, with more luggage piled about him! ¡¡¡¡'My dear aunt!' cried I. 'Why, what an unexpected pleasure!' ¡¡¡¡We cordially embraced; and Mr. Dick and I cordially shook hands; and Mrs. Crupp, who was busy making tea, and could not be too attentive, cordially said she had knowed well as Mr. Copperfull would have his heart in his mouth, when he see his dear relations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

van gogh painting"