Monday, December 24, 2007

Nighthawks Hopper

'I am so glad,' said Dora, after tea, 'that you like me. I didn't think you would; and I want, more than ever, to be liked, now Julia Mills is gone.' ¡¡¡¡I have omitted to mention it, by the by. Miss Mills had sailed, and Dora and I had gone aboard a great East Indiaman at Gravesend to see her; and we had had preserved ginger, and guava, and other delicacies of that sort for lunch; and we had left Miss Mills
with a large new diary under her arm, in which the original reflections awakened by the contemplation of Ocean were to be recorded under lock and key. ¡¡¡¡Agnes said she was afraid I must have given her an unpromising character; but Dora corrected that directly. ¡¡¡¡'Oh no!' she said, shaking her curls at me; 'it was all praise. He thinks so much of your opinion, that I was quite afraid of it.' ¡¡¡¡'My good opinion cannot strengthen his attachment to some people whom he knows,' said Agnes, with a smile; 'it is not worth their having.' ¡¡¡¡'But please let me have it,' said Dora, in her coaxing way, 'if you can!'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nighthawks Hopper"