Tuesday, December 18, 2007

leonardo da vinci the last supper

'Let me draw the sofa here, or the easy-chair, aunt,' said I. 'Why should you be so uncomfortable?' ¡¡¡¡'Thank you, Trot,' replied my aunt, 'I prefer to sit upon my property.' Here my aunt looked hard at Mrs. Crupp, and observed, 'We needn't trouble you to wait, ma'am.' ¡¡¡¡'Shall I put a little more tea in the pot afore I go, ma'am?' said Mrs. Crupp. 'No, I thank you, ma'am,' replied my aunt. ¡¡¡¡'Would you let me fetch another pat of butter, ma'am?' said Mrs. Crupp. 'Or would you be persuaded to try a new-laid hegg? or should I brile a rasher? Ain't there nothing I could do for your dear aunt, Mr. Copperfull?' ¡¡¡¡'Nothing, ma'am,' returned my aunt.
'I shall do very well, I thank you.' ¡¡¡¡Mrs. Crupp, who had been incessantly smiling to express sweet temper, and incessantly holding her head on one side, to express a general feebleness of constitution, and incessantly rubbing her hands, to express a desire to be of service to all deserving objects, gradually smiled herself, one-sided herself, and rubbed herself, out of the room. 'Dick!' said my aunt. 'You know what I told you about time-servers and wealth-worshippers?' ¡¡¡¡Mr. Dick - with rather a scared look, as if he had forgotten it - returned a hasty answer in the affirmative.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

leonardo da vinci the last supper"