Sunday, December 30, 2007

the last supper

¡¡¡¡'My dear fellow,' said I, 'I never was better pleased to see you. You come to give me the benefit of your sober judgement at a most opportune time. I have received a very singular letter, Traddles, from Mr. Micawber.' ¡¡¡¡'No?' cried Traddles. 'You don't say so? And I have received one from Mrs. Micawber!' ¡¡¡¡With that, Traddles, who was flushed with walking, and whose hair, under the combined effects of exercise and excitement,
stood on end as if he saw a cheerful ghost, produced his letter and made an exchange with me. I watched him into the heart of Mr. Micawber's letter, and returned the elevation of eyebrows with which he said "'Wielding the thunderbolt, or directing the devouring and avenging flame!" Bless me, Copperfield!'- and then entered on the perusal of Mrs. Micawber's epistle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the last supper"