Wednesday, October 24, 2007

oil painting artist

Half February, March, Half April, Rainy, the Sun being then on, or near the Equinox.
Half April, May, June, July, Half August, Dry, the Sun being then to the North of the Line.
Half August, September, Half October, Rainy, the Sun being then come back.
Half October, November, December, January, Half February, Dry, the Sun being then to the South of the Line.
The Rainy Season sometimes held longer or shorter, as the Winds happen'd to blow; but this was the general Observation I made: After I had found by Experience, the ill Consequence of being abroad in the Rain. I took Care to furnish my self with Provisions before hand, that I might not be
This Time I found much Employment, (and very suitable also to the Time) for I found great Occasion of many Things which I had no way to furnish my self with, but by hard Labour and constant Application; particularly, I try'd many Ways to make my self a Basket, but all the Twigs I could get for the Purpose prov'd so brittle, that they would do nothing. It prov'd of excellent Advantage to me now, That when I was a Boy, I used to take great Delight in standing at a Basketmaker's, in the Town where my Father liv'd, to see them make their Wicker-ware; and being as Boys usually are, very officious to help, and a great Observer of the Manner how they work'd those Things, and sometimes lending a Hand, I had by this Means full Knowledge of the Methods of it, that I wanted nothing but the Materials; when it came into my Mind, That the Twigs of that Tree from whence I cut my Stakes that grew, might possibly be as tough as the Sallow's, and Willows, and

4 comments:

Art Express said...

Xiamen Art Express Co.,ltd
Welcome to visit China oil painting manufactured center.

Art Express said...

Xiamen Art Express Co.,ltd
Welcome to visit China oil painting manufactured center.

Anonymous said...

claude monet painting
famous painting
oil painting reproduction
mona lisa painting
canvas painting
abstract painting
painting in oil

Anonymous said...

claude monet painting
famous painting
oil painting reproduction
mona lisa painting
canvas painting
abstract painting
painting in oil